When that shiny chunk of Tax Refund change lands in your bank account, I know just what you’re thinking. Par-tay!! Big Summer Blowout! Summer vacation. Summer clothes… summer camp… piano lessons… car payments… college funds… 401K… more taxes… The spending-spree wind can get knocked out of our sails pretty quickly when we think about all of our obligations and responsibilities. But let’s take a moment to reflect on what your splurge would be if you could use that Tax Refund for anything you wanted. What would it be? Here are my top 5, in no particular order.
- An All-Inclusive Vacation on the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful: waiter refilling my wine glass while the kids rock out in day-camp? Gentle waves lapping against a white sand beach? Hammocks in the shade? Yes please!!
- Epic Date Night/Day/Night: couples massage, fancy dinner, private jet to Paris for the evening, teatime at the Georges V, champagne toast from the top of the Eiffel Tower. I’m getting carried away. But, date night! Yay!
- Shopping Spree: I’m not much of a shopper, but I would love to throw all that money right in the cash register at The Animal Kingdom. Have you seen the adorable Hatley raincoats, boots, and umbrellas? The new Zutano prints? And that giant, smooshable panda that my 3 year old needs. Needs!!
- Big Sporting Event: For me, it would be the French Open, for my husband, The Masters. A once in a lifetime trip and sporting event with your partner. Hey, the kids will have fun at Grammy’s!
- Road Trip: Rent an RV and take the kids to see the Grand Canyon, hike Half Dome, explore Yosemite, and see every big ball of twine from here to the Pacific Ocean. Look kids! The Grand Canyon!
Sara Spock is a Mom, Wife, Penn State Graduate, Freelance Writer, and Coffee Addict. When she's not trying to squander her tax refund, Sara can be found planning backyard DIY projects for summertime fun.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Date Night, Funny, Shop Local, Shop Small, Shopping, Spending, Splurge, Taxes, Wishes, Zutano